6/19/08

Hi everyone--not a whole lot has been happening (I still don't have pictures from Caleb's birthday party, but I will post them as soon as I get them).

So I figured now was a good time for a general update. Caleb is 3 years old now, which means he recently switched to a preschool classroom at his childcare. I think the change was hard on him since it happened the week after Noah was born, but overall it's a good change--the classroom he is in now is tailored better to his developmental age. Caleb is very interested in all things related to Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder, and Lightning McQueen from Cars. He's also recently discovered Boz the Bear, and seems to think he's pretty cool too.

Caleb really enjoys helping us out--he'll clean with us or help Daddy using his toy tools. So Caleb was very excited to receive a toy broom from Grandma Judy and Grandpa Paul. Now he can sweep the floors in our house!

Caleb and his broom

Noah is growing well--at his two week check up (really 2.5 weeks old) he had already gained back a pound and an ounce, weighing in at 9 lbs. 6 oz. Noah is a pretty good baby, sleeping from around 9:30pm until 2:30am, then eating and going back to sleep until at least 5:30am. So I can't complain, even though during the day he is much more needy than Caleb was. Noah really prefers to sleep/play in our arms--which is okay when there is nothing to do! However, Noah is adjusting to a pacifier and being swaddled a lot, so I can get a few things done during the day (namely, go to the bathroom once in a while and fold some laundry). I am blessed that Caleb goes to childcare every day--he was home sick today and between feedings and diaper changes, I didn't get a whole lot done except taking care of Caleb and Noah. I'm definitely impressed that stay-at-home moms of more than one child get anything house-related done during the day. Here's a recent picture of Noah. It looks like he'll follow in his brother's footsteps, loving football.

Touchdown!

Noah surprised me the other day, when I put him down for some tummy time. He "decided" that he wasn't going to be on his tummy, and promptly rolled over. Of course it was a fluke, right? 3-week-olds can't roll over! So I put him back on his tummy and he quickly did it again. This was amazing, so I grabbed the camera and put him back on his tummy. Noah rolled over one more time, and I caught it on film. Of course, now he doesn't do it anymore--instead he just cries miserably after a few minutes of tummy time. But I do have proof that Noah rolled over at 3 weeks old--here it is:


Mark and I are adjusting to being parents of two--and I am adjusting to us being "Kathie and the boys". As someone who's kind of an indoor-girl, I'm mentally preparing for bugs and camping and other typically boy stuff in my future. :-) I guess it's a good thing that I'm into computer games and science fiction--perhaps my boys will be too. However, it's fairly easy to accept being a girl in a house of boys when they are so cute. See for yourselves:

Kathie's Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment